Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Paint, Paint and Paint...This Time ONLY On The Wall!

Weh Di Go Aan?!  Alright, let's not talk about what a bad blogger I am.  Life will get in the way and before I know it time has passed before I have updated you all.  I hope you're loving the new design.  I need to play with it a big more but I'm pretty proud of the way it has turned out.


Well as you can tell from my blog title, I have been painting.  Painting a new room you ask? Um...not exactly.  I actually finished painting the living room I described here back in November prior to leaving for my Thanksgiving travels. Why did it take 8 months you ask? Because I tried to tackle the task by myself but it was too much.  I needed to move furniture and fixtures and had to concede that I needed assistance.  In steps in the hubs and our teen.  The process still took longer than I wanted but was much faster with the three of us working instead of one.  Also, the teen is taller than the both of us and getting those corners and trim was essential in completing the room.
 
This is what the room looked like when we viewed it prior to purchasing.  We would have less work had this remained the same. Hubby's aunt had great intentions when she had the room painted but we would have preferred an open canvas to decorate to our taste.  Even that beautiful hardwood trim was painted...*le sigh*.



As a reminder, here is the room about two months after we moved in.





Yes we had no furniture but I was determined to put up the Christmas tree.  I LIVE for Christmas but that is another post for yet another time.





 This is what the wood trim ended up being.  Just precious.



Here's the same room while I was testing out paint colors for the walls and where I left off last November.  You can see this pink-chocolious color we have going on.  Yesterday the hubs said it resembled a Wendy's frosty but not as delicious. It was dreadful.








Not great looking but not too bad either.  So this is what we admired for 8 months.  Pretty huh?  Anyway I finally begged, pleaded and bargained to have it done this weekend.  I want our house to be more settled and the only way to it is to do it.


Of course since I'm a newb, I forgot to take photos during the process but I think these before give you an idea that we have a lot to work with.   Here are the finishing results. 








The room instantly became brighter instead of a dull dreary look. I will also add that the Aura paint by Benjamin Moore performed really well and was worth the cost (well with the assistance of BzzAgent coupons).  For the trim we used, Glidden® High Endurance™ – Semi-Gloss in white, which I ended up purchasing at Walmart at the last minute.  What I liked about this paint is that it is recommended for trim work and it is as a highly durable with a quick drying finish.  I would have preferred to have the natural wood instead of the painted trim but my preference between a colored trim and a white one is definitely white.  I will show final pictures once everything is put in place.  Until then on to the next...


Next project in this room is to install crown moulding.  Since we already have the furniture moved, I may tackle this sooner than anticipated.  Here are the remaining projects for the living room re-design.

  • Paint entire living room
  • Remove vertical blinds
  • Install crown moulding with corners
  • Install window and door trim (around doorway into kitchen/hallway)
  • Complete sewing custom drapes
  • Purchase curtain rod for living room window
  • Purchase custom faux wood blinds due to length of window
  • Purchase fireplace/entertainment console.
  • Hang photos




No comments:

Post a Comment