Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Kentucky Pride, Kroger Fried!

Weh Di Go Aan?!  So once again, we had the privilege of having a Kroger dinner brought to our home through BzzAgent.  We feasted on the Deli Fried Chicken and I have all the deets of our dinner.



When this campaign was announced the hubs and I were pretty excited because thus far we have had very good luck with food from Kroger.  We expected nothing but the best and they definitely lived up to the expectations we set.  This time we visited a Kroger grocery store different from the last location.  We wanted to test out of there would be a difference in each store.

So one night back in June, I came home and we decided to go and get our feast.  I was so hungry the first time we tried it that I didn't grab the proper coupons for the free dinner and instead got the discounted dinner.  We purchased two 8-piece Kroger Deli Fried Chicken, I bought one dinner with the discount coupons and my husband bought another.





BzzAgent coupons

The chicken was pretty easy to locate once we got into the store.  The only "problem" is that there were only two 8-piece dinners there.  This was fine for our family at the moment but if we needed more we weren't sure how to get more.  Nevertheless, we swiped two dinners and grabbed some coke to utilize the coupons.  Knowing that I can't just come the Kroger and get one thing, we also purchased Kroger potato and macaroni salads as well as some cake.  We were going to have some with our dinner.

Two dinners just for us



 The hubs staking his claim on the chicken dinner

So out we go to checkout and head home to get our grub on.  We didn't have any problems using the coupons at this location which was really good.  I didn't have issues at the other location but like this one, we got questions as to how we were able to get these coupons.  I used that time to brag on both Kroger and BzzAgent.  I also said that it was our first time trying the chicken and we hoped to write a great review.

Finally, we make it home and it wasn't a moment too soon.  I took a few photos of our spoils but truly what you want to know is how the chicken held up.  I will say this, we have eaten at various chicken locations from large chain restaurants to smaller local places.  This Kroger Deli chicken was as good as or even better (definitely better than KFC in my opinion) than a majority of the places we visited.  The price was also reasonable as they were $8.99 (not $7.99 as advertised in my photo above...no reason was given for the discrepancy). The chicken was hot, well seasoned (I'm very picky about that) and very juicy.  The two boxes we picked up didn't even last two days.






 I even we back the following week to use the free coupons I didn't have before.  We enjoyed it so much that we wanted chicken again.  We also used the coupons for the Kroger potato chips.  Those were tasty as well (sorry no photo of said chips).  Finally, we had the chicken a third time most recently when my mother-in-love ordered 100 pieces for her recent birthday party.  We told her about how great and affordable the Kroger Deli Fried Chicken was that she ordered from then instead of her usual location.  At the end of the evening, only three pieces of chicken were left.  It was definitely a hit.

So suffice it to say that my family and I thoroughly enjoyed the Kroger Fried Chicken.  It definitely did not let us down and is a very great go-to for someone hungry after a long day at work.  My only recommendation is probably to have a few more than two boxes available unless they are so good they really don't last.  In which case...We Want More, We Want More!




 Laters!



Disclaimer:  The following the Kroger brand products: 8-piece deli fried chicken and potato chips and the 1.5 liter Coca-Cola products were purchased using coupons from Kroger for free items in return for conducting this review.  No other compensation was provided.  The Kroger brand potato salad, macaroni salad and bakery cakes were purchased with my own money and was not necessary for this review.  BzzAgent provided me with the Kroger coupons (both discounted and free).  This review was in no way influenced by the receipt of free products.  #imabzzagent

No comments:

Post a Comment