Friday, August 23, 2013

Weh 'bout Ya Life?

I haven't checked in from my Life perspective since last December.  It seems as though I've been working on one project or another.  So let's see what I've neglected to share.  In November/December my grandmother passed away so I no longer have living grandparents on either side.  I was pretty down for a while about it because I loved all of my grandparents and now my future kids won't get to know how awesome they were.  Actually, I take that back, they will know because I will tell them.  So from January until May, I've been just doing the norm of going to work and coming back--writing a review here and there.  However, in May life got really good!


First there was Derby weekend.  We didn't get to attend the Derby due to the rain but we had awesome time nonetheless.  I even entered a contest and won a Derby hat!  I'm hoping to wear it to the Oaks next year.  We were able to go to the Chow Wagon which is part of the Derby Week events.  The food was awesome! We had a Greek dinner, Elephant Ears and other great food.


Chow Wagon Tickets

 Chow Wagon

Chow Wagon

As with any Louisville event (at least any that I've noticed since I've been living here. There had to be a hard liquor tent/booth.  Not just beer, not just wine...booze, bourbon. I've never seen anything like it..it's literally everywhere we go.  At the Chow Wagon, it was a Bourbon Bar a few ways over from the main event.

Chow Wagon Bourbon Bar

Immediately following the Chow Wagon, we decided to head next door to the KFC Yum! Center to see the Ringling Brothers Circus.  It was great feeling like a kid again.  I think we will make this an annual event. Next year I hope to see the Elephants March down the street when they arrive.

Elephants painting 

 Pre-Show Elephants


Me with my clown nose


Tigers Oh My!

For Memorial Day weekend we visited Atlanta and spent time again with family and friends.  I also went to see Machel Montano!  I fondly call him my baby daddy.  I have loved him and his artistry since I was about 4 years old!  He was the youngest soca artist at the time and definitely left an impression on me.  Anytime I have an opportunity, I go see him in concert.  This year Mr. B was able to attend with me.  I think he enjoyed himself but definitely made sure to remind me that he put the ring on my finger. LOL 

In June, I headed home to NYC and had time time of my life!  I spent time with my family, good friends and went to see two plays - The Trip to Bountiful and The Lion King.  I had great seats for both and will be sure to do a review on both plays before the experience leaves my brain. This was also a solo trip as the hubs couldn't come out and play with me.  I missed him terribly but that didn't stop me from getting my fun on! LOL

The Trip to Bountiful Awning


The Trip to Bountiful Playbill

The Trip to Bountiful Poster

One of the things I like to do is take a photo of the stage prior to the show. I've done it at just about every play/musical I've seen over the past few years.  The exception, however, being Wicked and Memphis.  I can't remember what happened to my camera on those nights.  Without further ado, here's my photo of the Bountiful stage.  I probably can get in trouble for this but since it's not of the set, I figured I was safe.

The Trip to Bountiful Stage

The Lion King Awning

The Lion King Playbill

The Front of the Theatre

Inside the Lion King

What was even greater about the Lion King show is that I got the tickets last minute and ended up sitting in the front row dead center.  What do you do when you're that close to the stage? Snap a picture!  I almost got caught taking these but I will treasure them forever.

Conductor Sheet Music - TLK

Souvenirs



Stage and Conductor's Booth

 This is probably my favorite photo. Since I saw The Lion King on my last night, I took my final picture of home to keep me going until I am back in November.  This photo was taken from inside of the Minskoff Theatre.



By the time I came back it was July and Independence Day.  That holiday ended up being a rain out but we had a great time nonetheless.  But it segued right into our 2nd year Anniversary!  We kept it low-key since we will be celebrating in October when we're on vacation but we had a good time reflecting and loving on one another.  Every year (so far), I've been able to get an anniversary cake made by the lady that made our wedding cake.  For the first year, I got a replica of our wedding cake's first tier.  This year, I opted for Italian Wedding Creme Cake.  It wasn't a favorite of Mr. B since he had nuts and coconut but I loved it!  Next year I'll go back to the pineapple cake.

Then, came the Kentucky State Fair!  Words cannot express how I feel about the State Fair. LOL I look forward to this event every single year.  I will go into more detail in another post about all we saw and experience but I will leave this with you as a teaser...


So now we're about current and we have some great things planned for the remainder of the year.  I will do my best to remember to give you some insight to Life in addition to the Home Improvements we've been doing.

Lata!









Disclaimer:  All tickets to events shown in this blog entry were purchased with my own money for my own use. I was not asked to promote any particular brand by any particular company or a particular event.  

No comments:

Post a Comment