Thursday, February 14, 2013

Gin and Juice (well Ginger Ale)

Grace and Peace and Happy Valentine's Day!  I haven't been back in a long time and now I am here to do a review on some pretty good gin.  I'm not a gin aficionado but I know what taste good.  After doing my most recent BzzAgent campaing, Hendrick's Gin ranks high on that list.




But mek I start from the beginning ("mek I" = "let me").  I was excited to do this campaign because my last experience with a gin and tonic drink was not good. It was the worst tasting drink I had ever had.  So I wanted to give Hendrick's the opportunity to change my pallet.  When I opened my the bottle (which was much larger than I expected), I was surprised at how great it smelled.  You can definitely identify the rose and the other ingredients infused within the gin.  I wanted to make a special drink from the book of recipes but I instead made my own concoction.   My drink was a ginger ale and Hendricks mixture.  I made it a bit too strong but it was definitely a far cry from the unpleasant gin and tonic I had before.





Then I added Big Red (red cream soda) to it and it was awesome! LOL  I still had to pace myself but can firmly say this will be in rotation. *tink* (glasses toasting)



What surprised me was the cost of the gin.  At the Wal-Mart liquor store it was $40.  The local liquor store I purchased it from had it for $37.  My husband said that for the size the $37 was really reasonable.  So if one was to purchase this, don't be surprised by the price tag.  The store clerk did say that he felt that Hendrick's was top shelf.  My husband also noted that the gin only came in one size which was a bit large. It would be good if they offered this in a variety (smaller) size. 



One final note about Hendrick's Gin is that it is very smooth.  The bite you would get with other cheaper brands you do not find with this.  So for someone like myself who doesn't drink it a lot, it was a good experience.  I definitely would recommend you trying this.










Disclaimer:  I purchased one bottle of Hendrick's Gin with my own money the purposes of conducting this review.  BzzAgent sent me a $15 mail-in rebate to reimburse my expenses.  #imabzzagent

No comments:

Post a Comment